Joining EY Port Jackson Partners will give you an unparalleled development experience and the opportunity to work with a diverse team of outstanding individuals.
“Our practice is committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that diversity of thought and experience allows us to engage different perspectives and therefore deliver better solutions to complex problems.
As a consequence, our people come to us from a broad range of backgrounds, and with different experiences and interests. While we seek to recruit individuals who are exceptional problem solvers with strong communication and teamwork skills, we do not restrict our recruitment to a certain ‘type’ of person, nor a particular academic or employment history. We believe that diverse colleagues make for a more enriching, fulfilling and accessible workplace, it also makes work more interesting and fun!
Our client engagements are as diverse as our people. At EY Port Jackson Partners you will experience the variety that comes from engaging with senior leaders of public and private companies across many industries, and federal and state governments. Importantly, our approach means that you will not be pigeon-holed into specialising in a particular industry or type of project – you will have broad exposure to a range of different problem-solving approaches, sectors and types of clients, across Australia and internationally”.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is one of our core values at EY PJP; we believe that our strength is in our differences.
For us, diversity means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognising, accepting and respecting our individual differences. These can include gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or ideas. We are proud of our collegial, non-competitive environment, where people work collaboratively and respectfully.
At EY PJP, achieving gender equality is an imperative. To us, this means ensuring equal opportunities and representation at all levels. Our Women@EY PJP network aims to empower women by facilitating connections with each other, providing mentoring and sponsorship, delivering targeted learning and development opportunities, and supporting the achievement of individual goals both professionally and personally.
“I am inspired by the talented, compassionate women who work at EY PJP. Our women’s network comes together regularly to discuss the social context we work in, the power of diversity, and how different styles of leadership contribute to excellent client outcomes. But more than talk, we are finding practical solutions to navigating work-life challenges, providing emotional support during COVID and increasing access to sponsoring and mentoring opportunities to help build careers. You can’t set and forget equity and inclusion. I’m proud to be part of a team who are up for the deep cultural work required to continuously improve how women experience and progress their careers.”
Kym Peake, Partner
“I work a 9-day fortnight to help look after our young family with my wife. The firm, my teams, and clients have all been incredibly supportive and understanding of this arrangement. And the time off with my children is immensely valuable and restorative.“
Anthony Gray, Partner
Another of our core values is balance and we genuinely support the pursuit of a full life and a meaningful career. We recognise that everyone has their own personal commitments and that working flexibly can mean something different for each individual so we have a range of flexible work options available as well as a flexible mindset towards it! Flexible working at EY PJP can include prioritised staffing on local projects, if preferred; changes to hours, locations or patterns of work; and a variety of leave options such as: leave without pay, the ability to purchase additional leave, part time work during school holidays plus study and exam leave.
We align with EY’s leading edge family leave policies, which offers 26 weeks’ paid leave for all new parents and carers, to be used within 24 months. Employees have significant flexibility in how to use this leave; it can be taken in one block, multiple blocks or part time, and can be at the same time as your partner. We also make superannuation contributions on all paid and unpaid parental leave, and offer paid leave for early pregnancy loss and fertility treatments.
“I am very grateful to have been able to take extended parental leave when my twins were born. As a first time parent, this period was incredibly precious and a unique opportunity to bond together as a family unit. I believe both mothers and fathers have an important role to play in setting an example for our future leaders, particularly those figuring out how to balance being a great parent and maintaining a career in Consulting.”
Varak Youmshajekian, Associate Principal
“At EY PJP I’ve been lucky to have access to mentors who have shared their experience as well as sponsors who advocate for recognition and opportunities to grow. This has helped shape and enrich my overall career journey (which is why I’m working with others at EY PJP to expand coaching, mentoring and sponsorship to suit an even bigger mix of needs and career stages).“
Abi Paramaguru, Partner
Mentorship & sponsorship
Joining EY PJP means joining a community that wants to see you succeed. Each team member is allocated a Development Leader who is a Partner or Associate Principal that supports you on your development journey. Outside of this, you will have access to mentors, networks and sponsors to help you grow. We take a tailored approach to each individual’s development to support their specific needs.
Access to wide ranging Diversity & Inclusion programs
As part of EY, we are also connected into EY’s wide range of professional networks which provide a supportive community, build awareness and promote inclusiveness. These include Unity (LGBTI+ Network), Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Network, Gender Network, Cultural Diversity Network and Ability Network.
Beyond work, we make time to celebrate milestones and enjoy a variety of firm events and social activities.
TAILORED DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
Each employee is paired with a Development Leader, a Partner who works closely with them on a personalised development plan, with regular meetings to support their progress. Our approach to development is based on three main principles:
- Flexibility – We recognise that each employee’s particular training and development needs will be different, based on factors such as experience and learning styles. We tailor our programs to build the skills to excel at each career stage, involving a range of employees in their design and development.
- Variety – Our programs are diverse and designed to stoke the curiosity of our employees, who all share a genuine interest in learning. We deliver programs in a variety of ways, including via online training, workshops, monthly in-house Development Lunches, seminars, and our twice-yearly Training & Development Offsites. Throughout the year, programs are led by a combination of Partners and Consultants, leading practitioners, external institutions and interesting guest speakers.
- Always Learning – We believe that the best skill development comes from firsthand experience, working alongside our Partners and senior Consultants in small teams. Our Consultants develop quickly with opportunities to engage in analysis, problem solving, client engagement and presentations from the beginning of their careers. Our training programs complement this on-the-job skill development.
Our promotions and rewards are linked to performance rather than a rigid, tenure-based schedule.
Further development opportunities
We are pleased to support high performing employees with a number of other opportunities for accelerated development through experiences that help to develop both professional and personal skills:
- Studying overseas for an MBA or other higher degree
- International secondments or transfers to global partners in EY Parthenon or EY
- Sabbatical for senior Consultants looking to travel, participate in a pro bono project or seek international work experience
We offer an evolving range of finacial and non financial benefits, designed to meet the varying needs of our employees over the course of their careers and lives outside of work. Examples of some of our benefits include:
- We look after our health and wellbeing with support for various EY Port Jackson Partners sports teams and events and making time for social connection and relaxation.
- Our ideas@PJP series of interesting guest speakers offers direct access to an impressive collection of experts and leading practitioners, provoking our thinking across a wide range of topics.
- We offer opportunities to volunteer your time and expertise on pro bono projects and programs, coordinated via the EY Ripples corporate responsibility program.
- We have access to EY’s comprehensive range of employee benefits, including:
- Salary packaging
- Study assistance
- Support for professional memberships
- Workplace giving and donation matching
- A global employee referral program
- myPerks discounts program with a range of providers
- Dress for your day
- Global mobility
We are a close-knit firm with a diverse and collaborative culture
We value our relationships with each other, and enjoy spending time together out of the office through a range of EY Port Jackson Partners events and other activities initiated by our Consultants.
Some of our social activities include:
- Firmwide retreats
- Regular social and sporting events throughout the year, including a mixed netball team, tennis tournaments, corporate triathlons, barefoot bowls, laser tag, cocktail making masterclasses, cooking classes and more
- Interest-based groups that meet regularly, including book, film and investing clubs
- Small group hands-on volunteering opportunities with charities
- Guest speakers and roundtable discussions and debates
- Optional after-hours events, e.g. dinners